God wants people to mess up God’s creation. (no)
God promises to love us always.
In the Bible we can read about Adam and Eve.
Draw a picture. Draw something that God created.
Chapter 2 Test will be on 10/10
Yes or No
- Did Jesus show us how to love one another?
- Is Jesus our brother and our friend?
- Did Jesus break His promise to send a Helper?
- Did Jesus forget to tell us how to love God?
- God the Father is the ______1st_____ Person.
- God the Son is the _________2nd______ Person.
- God the Holy Spirit is the ______3rd__________ Person.
- This is a prayer to the Blessed Trinity Sign of the Cross Hail Mary
- This is listening and talking to God creation prayer
- This is one God in 3 Persons. Holy Spirit Blessed Trinity
- ___________ is God’s greatest gift to us?
Chapter 3 Test will be on 11/2
- Jesus, Mary, and Joseph helped each other at home.
- Mary said yes to God.
- Mary married a man named Joseph.
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
- We celebrate Jesus' birthday on Christmas.
- Joseph was the foster father of Jesus.
- Jesus, Mary, and Joseph believed in one true God.
- They Holy Family obeyed God.
- Jesus and his family loved one another.
- The Holy Family prayed to God the Father every day.
- Mary, Joseph and Jesus were part of the Holy Family.
- Draw a picture and write the names (spelling doesn't count) of the people in the Holy Family.
- Jesus treated all people with respect.
- Jesus told Zacchaeus about God's love when he came to his house.
- John the Baptist helped people get ready to welcome Jesus.
- Jesus tells us to trust God.
- Mary, Joseph and Jesus are the 3 people in the Holy Family
- John the Baptist was Jesus' cousin.
- There are 5 mysteries in the rosary.
- John the Baptist lived in the desert.
- Jesus cared for all people.
- John the Baptist told people to put God first.
- Jesus helped people who were hungry, sick and sad.
- Be able to draw a picture to go with #11
- Be able to write a sentence using the word trust.
- Jesus taught us to love God with our whole heart
- Jesus wants us to be good
- We show God we love ourselves when we take care of ourselves, like when we exercise or brush our teeth
- We show we love others when we respect others
- We show we love God when we say our prayers and go to mass
- We should act like Jesus acted
- Many people wanted to listen to Jesus
- The commandments help us to live as God wants
- Jesus taught us that all people are our neighbors
- Jesus taught us the Great Commandment
- Commandments are laws given to us from God
- The good Samaritian helped the hurt man
- Jesus' cousin was John the Baptist
- Prayer is talking to God
Jesus did many things to help people that only God can do.
The Lord's prayer is the prayer that Jesus taught his followers.
The twelve men Jesus chose to lead his followers are called the apostles.
Jesus’ followers trusted Jesus very much.
Jesus invited people to be his followers.
Yes or No Y or N
__Y__ Jesus’ followers believed that he was the Son of God.
___Y__ The Lord’s Prayer is also called The Our Father.
___N__ Jesus never prayed alone.
___Y__ Jesus’ followers learned to pray by watching and listening to Jesus pray.
Draw a picture of Jesus and His followers praying.
Chapter 9 Test will be on 2/6
- Jesus died and rose to bring us new life.
- On Easter Sunday we pray, Alleluia.
- People shouted Hosanna to welcome Jesus to Jerusalem
- Jesus told his followers that he loved and cared for them like a good shepherd
- 3 days after Jesus dies, he rose to new life
- Jesus taught in the Temple in Jerusalem
- On Easter Sunday we celebrate that Jesus died and rose.
- The Jewish people prayed in the holy Temple.
- Jesus loved all people in a special way when he died and rose to new life.
- Be able to draw a picture to show how you prasie Jesus.
- Pentecost is the day the Holy Spirit came to Jesus' followers.
- God the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.
- We celebrate Pentecost fifty days after Easter.
- The Holy Spirit helps Jesus' followers tell others about Jesus
- Jesus returned to God the Father
- The Holy Spirit is with us always
- Glory Be to the Father is a prayer to the Blessed Trinity
- Jesus wanted his followers to remember him
- The Holy Spirit helps us to share God's love with others
- The risen Jesus visited his followers
- Be able to draw a picture to show what happened on Pentecost
- The Holy Spirit came to Jesus’ followers on Pentecost.
- Peter told people to believe in Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit is with us always.
- The Church is all the people who believe in Jesus and follow his teachings.
- The Holy Spirit helps us to pray.
6. On Pentecost only 100 people received the Gift of the Holy Spirit. Answer=No, 3,000
7. The first Church members did not do many things together. Answer=No, they did many things together
8. The Holy Spirit helps us to live as Jesus taught us. Answer=Yes
9. The first members of the Church shared many things. Answer=Yes
10. The Church began on Pentecost. Answer= Yes
11. Finish the sentence then illustrate= The first Church members'____________ together.
Chapter 12 Test will be on 3/28
- The apostles were the first leaders of the Church.
- The leader of the whole Church today is the pope.
- Today the apostles take the place of the bishops.
- The apostles went to faraway lands.
- The pope teaches what Jesus taught.
- Bishops lead and care for each diocese.
- Jesus chose Saint Peter to be the leader of all the apostles.
- Bishops still lead and care for the Church today.
- The pope is the bishop of Rome.
- A diocese is made up a many members of the Church.
- Be able to draw a way our church serves others.
Chapter 15 Test will be on April 13
- A parish is a group of Catholics who join together to share God’s love
- A pastor is the priest who is the leader of the parish.
- To worship means to give God thanks and praise.
- We belong to the Catholic Church
- We learn to be followers of Jesus.
- The pastor of a parish has many helpers.
- Our parish helps people who are in need.
- Every week we gather in our parish church to worship God.
- Our parish is like a group of friends.
- My parish is ________________________.
- In a complete sentence write 2 ways your parish helps others.
Chapter 17 Test will be on 5/11
- The Church welcomes new members at Baptism.
- We celebrate Baptism with our parish family.
- Baptism is the first sacrament we receive.
- We call God’s life in us grace.
- The priest baptizes us in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- Water reminds us of the life God gives us.
- A lighted candle reminds us to walk in the light of Christ.
- A white garment reminds us to live as a follower of Jesus.
1. Jesus told us he is the Light of the World
2. Someone who works for peace is called a peacemaker
3. When we were baptized, we receive the light of Christ
4. We work for peace when we try to get along with all people
5. If we follow Jesus we will have life with God
6. Jesus wanted his followers to be at peace
7. We are different from the rest of God’s creation.
8. We cannot make choices.
9. God asks us to love only ourselves.
I can make a loving choice when I __________________.
Here is a picture.
Chapter 19 Test will be on
- God always forgives us if we are sorry.
- Jesus wants us to follow God's laws.
- A way to ask God for forgiveness is in the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- When we celebrate Reconciliation, we receive God's forgivness and peace.
- God is like the forgiving father in the story Jesus told.
Yes or No:
- The priest shares God's forgiveness with us when we celebrate Reconciliation.
- It is important to forgive others.
- Jesus always followed God's laws.
- Sometimes we choose not to follow God's laws.
- Be able to draw a picture to show people forgiving each other.
Final Assessments: Please use study guide that was sent home to help with studying.